Somnus was my senior year project at DigiPen Institute of Technology with team BlackPen (Team of 4 programmers, 1 designer, 4 artists and 3 sound designers) developed in Unreal Engine 4.
In Somnus you play Melanie, a young shutterbug who wakes up in the middle of the night to find her two favorite stuffed animals have ventured into a mysterious dreamscape in her wardrobe. As Melanie you must help your stuffed companions make their way through the world using your magical camera to solve unique perspective illusions.
Somnus was nominated as a top 5 finalist at 2016 E3 College Game Competition and invited as an exhibitor at E3.
As a technical director in the team, I was in charge of solving technical issues and worked closely with a producer to manage engineering resources of the team.
- Implemented interactable objects with AI.
- Implemented gameplay mechanic of the main character which utilizes the camera to solve the puzzle
- Implemented 3D object projection tool for prototyping level design
- Collaborated with artists to create materials, animations, and cut-scene
- Added C++ based Blueprint helper functions for game data log system